Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Deadlist Catch

OK, I admit that I am totally addicted to Discovery Channel's Deadliest Catch, about crab fishing on the Bering Sea. I have watched all of the three season's that are on DVD. I'm hooked...and then.....in looking through the Costco ads I see that there are two books out on this subject. One is called "Deadliest Catch, Desperate Hours", and it's a book about all the adventures and stories about the boats and crews of the Discovery Program. The other is called "Time Bandit" which is the name of one of the boats owned and operated by two brothers, Andy and Johnathan Hillstrand. It's the story of their life and experiences on the Bering Sea. So I put down my Grisham book, and picked up these two and read as often as I could. Just finished them and would highly recommend them for anyone whose interested in this stuff. I read parts to Don continually and he was very interested in them also. Not enough to read the books himself, as he has read maybe 3 books our entire marriage (34 years...well actually no, just two as he read one before we were married.) It's kinda hard to understand as I have had at least one, most times 2 or 3going the whole time. But anyway.....good books. I'll let Joe read them now. Now I'll go back to see how the nasty and vindictive Mr. Carl Trudeau is doing in "The Appeal." But first, it's wednesday, so I better be getting on Romans 13. (Any help in Romans is totally appreciated.haha)

No comments: