Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Books I have Read

Hi. Cari and Shana have graciously invited me (Eve) to add my thoughts to their realreading blog. As Cari mentioned Stephen King, I have to add my thoughts on him. I loved Stephen King. Yes I did say "loved". He has become waaaaaay to "wordy" for me. "Just get to the scary parts, Stephen." I started his Duma Rey, of which my sister Diane said was great, and couldn't get into it. Maybe I'll try again. Some books that I have read I'll comment on. I finsihed reading the new James Patterson, "Double Cross" with his Alex Cross character. Very good, but, the bad guy gets caught, the really bad guy doesn't. Why does he do that? Now I have to wait another year to find out what happens to poor Alex. One of my very favorite authors is a kid (he's about 20) named Matthew Reilly. Loved every one of his books. But the last one, which was really really good, he left as a cliff hangar also. AAAHHH! I would absolutely recommend any one of his books for total entertainment. He's written, Ice Station, Temple, Contest, Scarecrow, Area 7, 7 Deadly Wonders and it's sequal, 6 Sacred Stones. All very heavy on action. While I was in Kuaui I read "Gods in Alabama, by Joshilyn Jackson. A very light murder mystery with a little romance and insight into life and family relationships. I would defintely recommend it to anyone. I'm in the process now of reading The Appeal, by John Grisham. It's a typical Gisham book, fast and entertaining but a little too liberal for me. Well that's it for me, Happy reading.

1 comment:

Cari said...

I think John Grisham is trying to go literary, too... he's done a bunch of literary fiction lately-- "A Painted House", etc. Why can't these guys just be content with their gazillions and stay true to what made them famous?