Saturday, August 23, 2008

My Sister's Keeper

Over the past several years the majority of my books have been pretty much murder and mystery, with, of course, Harry Potter and others mixed in. Literature (I'm speaking about books found in the Literature part of Borders, rather than Mystery) has not really been a big interest. But Cari has got me hooked on Jodi Picoult. I finished "My Sister's Keeper" and have become a total fan. Which is great because she has lots of books to read. "My Sister's Keeper" is about a young girl (13) who was pretty much bred to be her older sister's (16) medical parts supplier, as it were. Her sister has leukemia, since the age of 2) She now has decided that she no longer wants to do this. The book is really really good. I totally had thought I figured out the ending was absolutely wrong. I'm now reading "Nineteen Minutes" and went to Costco today to get "Vanishing Acts." Will let you know, but 1/2 through Nineteen Minutes, it is as time consuming as My Sister's Keeper. I LOVE good books!!!!

1 comment:

Grahamcracker said...

I just bought/finished this one yesterday. GREAT book! I was definitely caught off guard at the end..and, of course, I cried.