Saturday, May 3, 2008

Re: Steamed

I understand completely! For the most part (and there are always exceptions) I read books and watch movies to relax. I look forward to the ending because I know that no matter the hardship or trauma that the characters have faced, in the end, all the pieces fall into place and good triumphs over evil. There's something about a book/movie that ends badly that leaves me SO dissatisfied! I feel as if I've been robbed of the relaxation/escape that I was in search of. The only way to describe it hmmph!

On a lighter note..I just got 3 new books! All of them recommendations...

First on the list:
Another Bullshit Day in Suck City- recommended by Cari. I'm SO excited to read it.. Even if this book is a disaster, it still has the best title I've ever read.

3 comments:

Callie said...

...which is why I read "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius".

Cari said...

Callie: Gotta give AHWOSG a big "BLECH". Too self indulgent!!

Callie said...

I think I agree. I didn't actually make it through the last few chapters. Kinda petered out. That's never a good sign. I got pulled in by the title.