Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Secret Life Of Bees

I have been reading like a mad woman this summer whenever I can. I have read a number of books but most have not been post worthy. However I just finished "The Secret Life Of Bees", by Sue Monk Kidd. It was exceptional!!! It was a wonderful love story between the Beekeeper and the Bees, between a Nanny and a Child, and between the Beekeepers and the Child. This book was set in the South in the year 1964, when racial tensions were still running VERY high. This book made me laugh and cry. I loved it and I will be keeping it as opposed to trading it for another book. *****(five stars)

3 comments:

Cari said...

Shana has been recommending this book for years. I think I'll make it my next book, for sure.

Shana said...

Ohhhh! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this book! In fact your post makes me want to re-read it! And yes Cari, it should go to the top of your list!

Martine Irene said...

Yes, I really liked this book, too!!! Shana recommended it to me, also...so Cari, you'd better read it!!!

I wish Sue Monk Kidd would write a sequel to it, or has she?